anti-shrink agents

Max Di Mario maxdimario at aliceposta.it
Sat Feb 23 04:06:10 MST 2008

Hello,

in order to tame modern felt, and increase hammer life I'm doing some research into additives which will restore softness and elasticity of felt as well as prevent further felting.

it has come to my attention that there are anti-shrink additives which can be added to finished wool products.. These products work by relaxing the scales and keeping the individual fibres from felting..

anyone have any thoughts?

good piano felt up until the early 20th century was made with wool soap and water... no chemicals... this made for a better hammer.

Max Di Mario