Tuning lever length

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 08:06:14 MST 2008

Phil is the first in this thread to bring up wear & tear upon
all-too-vulnerable human bodies. All of us are highly at risk for repetitive
motion injury. Purchasing and trying out a few ergonomically improved tools
is WAY less expensive than a series of visits to primary physicians,
physical therapists, occupational therapists, orthopedic surgeons, et al.
Plus the pain endured when things go bad, and the work declined or avoided
when one one realizes (or one's medical professional emphatically insists
upon) the need to rest to let some of the damaged parts at least partially
heal.While I started out with a heavy duty Schaff extensions lever, and
moved on to an Itoshin lever, these are both far too heavy for me now. My
several years old Faulk lever is rather light, but a bit short. My 1 year
old Fujan is very nice: light, and excellent leverage. The Fujan is optimal
for me with a smooth technique. Most of my 30 year tuning has been done with
the impact/jerk technique.
Healthy tuning,
Patrick Draine