Tuning lever length

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 23 08:58:19 MST 2008

I always carry three levers with me, two I made myself, and one, the
"stubby".  I will often switch between all three, and use my fourth- a
Schaff impact, even on grands if the pitch raise is a large one, or pins way
tight.  As soon as I feel tired, or like it's hard to maintain
concentration, I switch levers, and it has done me worlds of good. I stay
relaxed, change the dynamic forces, and so far have had virtually no
negative effects of being a jerk (other's however have suffered because of
that characteristic.....  I wrote an email long ago to an un-named tuner BB,
saying "hello jerk", and he took mighty offense. Sorry).  Since I'm a lefty
on uprights, it's more of a jam or "pam" than a jerk......  The home made
hammers have balls (on the end) the stubby does not.  I use it least. But
having several levers of differing lengths and style  has been very helpful
to me.
les bartlett

  _____