George Steck Grand Manufactured by????

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 18:06:01 MST 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 2:26 PM, J Patrick Draine <jpdraine at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes Mike that was by Sejung <http://www.sejungusa.com/>. Why does it have
> the look of Samick? When they set up shop in China they "hired dozens of
> manufacturing managers who had once worked for Young Chang and Samick."
> (quoted from Larry Fine's 2007-2008 Annual Supplement). Good luck!
> Patrick Draine
> 8 inches of snow overnight; a half dozen hardy surfers sighted off the
> Nahant Causeway on my way back from this morning's tuning
>

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Michael Magness <IFixPianos at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I was called to tune a 4, possibly 5 Year old George Steck grand, about
> > a 5 footer, model GS-62, Serial GJ8143 and discovered a large crack just
> > left of center in the sounding board, 33" long and large enough to see
> > through, even with 32% humidity in the home. I looked it up on the PTG site
> > and it's listed as being licensed to Sejung(?) whoever that is.
> > My question is, is that who was building them 4 or 5 years ago. I know
> > Young Chang was at one point, for PianoDisc but this has the look of a
> > Samick (the legs and lyre bolt on with a 3/8" hex drive bolt). Anyone know
> > for sure?
> > There is no follow up from the dealer they set up temporary shop in the
> > local mall for a few months every so often and they are one of those
> > "quality" dealers that actually remove the pianos from the boxes before they
> > sell them!!!!
> >
> > Mike
> > --
> > We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?
> > Michael Magness
> > Magness Piano Service
> > 608-786-4404
> > www.IFixPianos.com <http://www.ifixpianos.com/>
> > email mike at ifixpianos.com

Thanks Patrick, we've actually had 5 snowless days this week, 55 inches for
the winter so far only 10 more for 10th snowiest winter ever bragging
rights! We've also had our share of cold, only -4 below 0 this morning a
veritable heat wave with a forecast of 26 for a high today!
Last weekend when the ski jumping championships were running in nearby
Westby, WI the windchills were in the 25 to 30 below 0 range but it didn't
slow the ski jumpers down with 6 inches of fresh powder!!

Surfing, I'm not sure I can follow that in the cold, that borders on crazy!!
<g>
Mike

email mike at ifixpianos.com