Electrical question

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Feb 23 20:24:42 MST 2008

So I'm making a new hot box for my soundboard panels.  I want to install a
small little fan like a computer cooling fan in the box to circulate the
air.  They come with a couple of wires (not like a plug or anything) and
information about voltage, max current, all kinds of stuff that means
nothing to me, the electrically challenged.  If I want to hook this thing
up, how do I do it?  Can I just connect it to a 12 volt battery if it's a 12
volt fan?  If I want to plug it into something do I need something like a
capacitor to pull down the current to a level that this little thing can
handle?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com