Electrical question

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Feb 23 21:13:24 MST 2008

Thanks Alan and Paul.  What I looked at was a Radio Shack Computer Cooling
fan.  I don't know the specs but I can check.  The box I have is about the
same length and width as Paul's but only 3" deep.  I'm heating it with DC
rods.  I have a window cut in the face covered with plexiglass so that I can
see the humidistat readings.  There is a dial controlled humidistat that
goes down to 10 or 15% RH (much lower than I need).

The other thing I wonder about is just how long should one expect it to
take, typically, for a panel  8mm thick that's kept at shop conditions ( 65
degrees and 50 - 55% RH) to dry down to an EMC of 6 - 6.5% when exposed to a
box whose temp is, say,  80 degrees with an RH of 30%, a condition which
should produce an EMC of 6.1%.  I've read reports that suggest anywhere from
1 or 2 days to 3 months!

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com