Soundboard drying box

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Feb 25 11:48:50 MST 2008

I would think this would be a great idea if you have the room to mount
it thus.

Which brings me to a question I've been wanting to ask folks using
hotboxes.  In all the factories I've visited they all made a point out
of having a variable humidity control so as to dry things down more
slowly and more evenly throughout the inside of the wood being dried.
In particular this is important in thicker uncut wood stock I understand.

Are any of you doing anything of the kind ?

Cheers
RicB

    Anyone out there ever build one to be mounted to the ceiling? 1) it
    would
    save space, and 2) it would seem to have the opportunity of applying
    heat
    more evenly. I NEED SPACE!!!

    Greg Newell
    Greg's Piano Forté