Soundboard drying box

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Feb 25 13:16:04 MST 2008

Not me. But my shop is 50% RH or less - wood is at about 9% MC, and I'm only
drying down to 6 or 6.5% MC. That is real important when drying down thicker
green wood - it'll start checking within a day or two if you try to dry it
down too fast. I've bought my Sitka Spruce green before - it takes quite a
bit of monitoring to keep thing in check (pun intended) - I've had to
sitcker it, cover it with plastic, and keep the air moving and just let it
dry slowly. It takes months for a 50 mm thick piece of green spruce to air
dry.

Terry Farrell