Pinblock transfer agent

John Voigt jvoigt at gwtc.net
Mon Feb 25 16:00:20 MST 2008

What do you use as a release agent?

John Voigt
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Farrell [mailto:mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com]
  Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 11:37 AM
  To: Pianotech List
  Subject: Re: Pinblock transfer agent

  I've been using a system that works perfectly the first time every time. I
cut the block for a reasonably close fit and then apply an appropriate
amount of High Density Adhesive Filler thickened West System epoxy using the
West System two-step bonding method. I apply a release agent to the plate
flange and screw the block to the plate.

  Wait till epoxy cures, remove block from plate, check fit - and I find it
perfect every time!!!

  What, are you some traditional woodwoorking guru 'er sumptin'?

  Terry Farrell