Pinblock transfer agent

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Mon Feb 25 16:16:23 MST 2008

William  writes:

<< It is the reverse, Ed.

The plate flange is "painted", lowered into place, and removed.  The

blackened high-spots are then visible.>>

Are you sure about that? Even though that is the way I have always done it,
I seem to remember seeing pinblocks in pianos at the factory that were totally
blackened before plate fitting, and I can guarantee that the plates I have
taken out of Steinways were not touching 100% of the flange, even though the
entire front edge of the block was black.
Wondering, still

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on
AOL Living.<BR>