Bridge pattern material

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Feb 25 22:28:56 MST 2008

Even if the original bridge layout is relatively accurate, you're making a
copy of that and then copying that to the new bridge.  It's pretty easy to
move things around.  Offsets can be sensitive to even the smallest deviation
and speaking lengths in the upper treble too.  I think it's probably smart
to make a copy for reference especially if you want to know how much you can
lengthen or shorten a particular unison and still stay on the original body,
but my own experience has pushed me toward laying everything out from
scratch.

Some of those Knabe scales seem to need a second look anyway with scale
tensions ranging from 120 lbs to 200 lbs per string in the plain wire
section alone.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com