Shteinveigh Qvestion

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Wed Feb 27 00:34:31 MST 2008

Alan

I want to echo Bill's reply. I used to take actions home, even Steinways, but after I started working at UA, and taken the Steinway classes, I found that working in the piano is much easier in the long run. Like Bill suggested, take it home to shape hammers and clean out the action, (and any other preparatory work). But other than that, schedule a day at the customer's home.

I would suggest your prepare the customer for this, though. Be sure he/she knows you're going to be there at (whatever time), and that you will be there at least until supper. You should?take a couple of breaks, go out for lunch, or something, but make sure the customer knows that, too.

If this is your first time, you might even consider doing it over two days. And more thing. Make sure you have all your tools, equipment,?and supplies with you. There is nothing worse than having to take time to go home for just one little tool.

Good luck.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI