Pneumatic presses was RE: Emailing: P2130064

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 07:18:16 MST 2008

Sorry, forgot to rename my photo emailer with the original message.

I toyed with the idea of a screw press but since there are different length
ribs, where to locate the screws, just how many screws to put in each one,
how to make them mobile etc., how do distribute the pressure evenly and
thoroughly all convinced me that pneumatic was better.  My set consists of 6
presses of varying lengths: 1 at 5', 2 at 3', 3 at 4'.  In retrospect, I should have
built another 5 footer.  Also, I may end up switching the angle aluminum to
perforated angle struts which would have been cheaper and easier with more
options for placement of the pins for holding down the upper beam.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com