in home regulating

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 07:46:48 MST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Dean May <deanmay at pianorebuilders.com>
wrote:

> I bought a short 4 foot plastic folding table from Sam's for about $30
> that
> works really well for in home regulating. I can use it for displaying my
> tools or I can set the action on it for work I prefer to do out of the
> piano.
>
> The stool is a good idea. I usually place a folded up moving blanket on
> the
> floor to kneel on or ask the customer for a large bath towel.
>

> Dean
>
> Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
>
> PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
>
> Terre Haute IN  47802

I have used, where room allows, a pair of folding metal sawhorses that I use
ONLY for this purpose and a keybed I removed from a Kawai studio piano. The
keybed was sagging in the middle and Kawai sent me a new one to install and
told me to throw away the old one. I laid it on my basement floor with some
weights on it for a month and it was straight again!
I have used this setup in churches, larger living rooms and on stages. It's
very solid and is like having a portable bench!

Mike

--
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com