Pneumatic presses was RE: Emailing: P2130064

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 15:26:06 MST 2008

While I'm always installing bass cutoff bars which reduce the longest rib to
something quite a bit less than 48", the width of the panel itself can get
in the way.  Sometimes I don't actually cut the panel along the cutoff (even
though by cutting it, it's a bit easier to clamp and doesn't but the panel
into warp drive on that side) but leave it looking whole and contiguous on
the top.  Thus, the 5' length is necessary to span the widest part of the
panel which extends from the middle of the bent side to the bass corner.  As
I also mentioned, using angle aluminum which is 1x1 rather than 1x2 would
also have given me a bit more room to snug the press closer to the bass
corner.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com