Pneumatic presses

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Thu Feb 28 06:45:52 MST 2008

I did have some leakage
> problems on a couple of my valves.  Not sure what that was about.  They
> weren't terribly expensive (Ace Hardware specials) but I may look into a
> more reliable gas valve.
>
> David Love
> davidlovepianos at comcast.net
> www.davidlovepianos.com

I did too but then I really cranked down on the fittings with two pipe
wrenches. I also used extra wide teflon tape wrapped a minimum of six times
around (it's a New England superstitious plumber thing). You could also use
thread paste. Alternatively, build a spider fitting and just leave your
hoses hooked up to the compressor for the whole time. Gas valves could work
too, tighter threads. How long do you leave your ribs in the press?

Jude