Treasures in pianos

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 28 12:33:54 MST 2008

This happened to me many years ago when I was doing work for a big dealer in NYC. They purchased a vertical piano. After about 6 months the complained about a buzz in the piano. I was asked to go and check it out. I played the piano and it sounded like it had loose ribs. Terrible buzz. I pulled the piano away from the wall to check the soundboard. Sitting on the bottom brace was a bottle of Rye & and a bottle of Ginger Ale. While pulling it out from the back of the piano, I said, "I found your problem" showing him the bottle of Rye. In the most defensive voice I have ever heard, "That's not my problem, that's not my problem" I did all I can do to keep from rolling on the floor. He asked if I could keep it between us. Why not! That customer will never call again with a complaint!

Al Guecia