Treasures in pianos

Rob Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Thu Feb 28 14:05:06 MST 2008

Lots of various food and merchandise stamps,  postal and war bond stamps, many mercury dimes and other odd-ball coins, and one of my favorites: a very old 1940s looking pencil in a brass ammo shaped shell casing with a removable bullet to access the tip and John 3:16 printed on it.  Lots and lots of gold stars, finished and unfinished letters, kid's home work, candles, hundreds of paper clips, hundreds of guitar picks, receipts of every kind, an uncashed check, other technician's tools, and an old upright that was so heavy the movers could hardly get it on a dolly.  The reason?  It was apparently once in a church and someone completely PACKED the bottom with old hymnals.  They had apparently been there for decades and were badly disintegrating.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV