unethical and illegal behavior on the part of some

J. Stanley Ryberg jstan40 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 28 16:25:08 MST 2008

Agreed, Les.  We're being treated to a display of anal "letter of the law" attitude.  Having said that, it's also true that posting it was in violation of copyright...most of what has been done on this list is answering a question about the date of one instrument, which any court would likely throw out immediately.  And yes, I own a copy of the Atlas.

  Oh my gosh, if technicians are unethical enough to actually quote the PPA, what has the world come to?  But, then, most of the people who buy the Atlas are likely piano technicians, so it is unlikely the book would survive much without us.  I wonder if they would consider it infringement if we allowed customers to read from it.............  I've paid for my copies for 10 years or more. What rights DO I have?   And isn't most of this stuff now available other places on the internet?
  les bartlett

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
jstan40 at sbcglobal.net