unethical and illegal behavior on the part of some

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Feb 28 17:05:53 MST 2008

> *Agreed, Les.  We're being treated to a display of anal "letter of the
> law" attitude.  Having said that, it's also true that posting it was in
> violation of copyright...most of what has been done on this list is
> answering a question about the date of one instrument, which any court
> would likely throw out immediately.  And yes, I own a copy of the Atlas.*
> What??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>
> Oh my gosh, if technicians are unethical enough to actually quote the
> PPA, what has the world come to?  But, then, most of the people who buy
> the Atlas are likely piano technicians, so it is unlikely the book would
> survive much without us.  I wonder if they would consider it
> infringement if we allowed customers to read from it.............  I've
> paid for my copies for 10 years or more. What rights DO I have?   And
> isn't most of this stuff now available other places on the internet?
> les bartlett
>

> Stan Ryberg
> Barrington IL
> _jstan40 at sbcglobal.net_

All right you guys. Put yourself in their place. You have a
book to sell, to a *very* limited clientèle. You won't
disseminate it in electronic form because of the expectation
that most of your future sales would disappear instantly as
copies of your product flew around the world being shared
without cost among your former and potential future customers.
You then discover, presumably via concerned informant, that
exactly that is happening anyway. What do you do to try and
protect your business and product? Oh well? Too bad? Guess
I'll give it up and go away quietly? And if they do, where
will the next edition come from?

Ron N