Pinblock separation

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Thu Feb 28 23:04:24 MST 2008

Paul,
You say your tuning in the treble and those notes went flat but not the bass, yet the crack is in the bass. Whatever, if the crack is clean and white like it looks it might of just happened, in anycase, that crack spells 'this piano can't be tuned' in my book. You can probably fix it by lowering the tension, closing the crack up as much as possible with clamps and replacing screws with through bolts and adding bolts as necessary. When you've got it where you want it, let it open back up and flood it with epoxy, then pull it shut and leave it for a day or so before raising tension.
Fenton