Water Damaged Piano Results

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu May 1 07:05:10 MDT 2008

I agree with Tom on this one.  You can't put a bandaid on a broken arm and
call it good.  And many customers who get some parts replaced usually
think it's been rebuilt.  Your reputation is on the line with this one.
Especially when so many people will know about it.  The water damage will
further reveal itself with time...especially glue joints and further
rusting of strings, corrosion of bass wrapping, etc.  A little prayer for
guidence may be in order....be careful!

FWIW.

Paul

"Tom Driscoll" <tomtuner at verizon.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
04/30/2008 09:39 PM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Water Damaged Piano Results

Matthew,
Get yourself a ten foot pole.
    I'll play devils advocate here.
No matter what understanding  is arrived at, in two years when this thing
comes apart and every other string starts breaking you will be known as
the tech who "rebuilt " the piano.
    I'm all for doing what we can within  a clients budget but I think
your asking for trouble on this one.
Respectfully,
Tom Driscoll