Flexy S&S D Keys

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri May 2 07:01:08 MDT 2008

Right on Dean. I "service" - i.e. tune ('cause that's all they need!) - two
S&S grands at a local underfunded performance facility. One is a 1920s B and
the other a 1950s L. Both play like Mack trucks (75+g DW) and have dead
soundboards (which makes you need to pound the keys even harder).

One time I listened to a young very talented pianist play several classical
pieces. I thought about how miserable it must have been for her to perform
those pieces on that piano (the B). So when she was finished, I asked her
something like: "What did you think of the piano - did you find the action
heavy and/or sluggish?" She replied: "No, it was okay - I'm used to it - I
have a Steinway at home."

Go figure.

Terry Farrell