Flexy S&S D Keys

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat May 3 08:02:44 MDT 2008

    Hey: I'd like to know how much flex is too much and why just S&S D's?

    Gerald McCleskey RPT

Yeah, me too.  So far I have really one reply that seemed to hit the
topic, Tom Servinsky's.  The answer to the direct question of how one
confirmed this was <<the problem>> in this particular case remains
unclear tho.  Terry evidently has is second hand at this point.

In answer to all the philosophizing around the preferences thing... I
have to admit I find it interesting to read how preferences were equated
a significant majority of pianists reactions.... as in the key dip
argumentation Terry gave.  Somehow that same kind of majority tho...
turned into an overwhelming majority in the case of perferences for
concert grand types doesnt hold the same water.

Elsewize I couldnt agree more with the intended irony conveyed in the
following quote... also from Terry's post... indeed I've been saying the
same kind of thing all along.

    "Are you looking for an arguement?

    Try this on for size: Rib crowned and supported soundboard can never
    sound
    as good as a compression crowned soundboard because you need "that
    tension"
    in the panel to make it sing!

Course I've put it a bit differently... simply saying its downright
silly to say that a Rib - crowned and supported soundboard is inherently
superior to any other kind of assembly.... but the message is
essentially the same.

Cheers
RicB