vertical hitchins- mundane ?

Will Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Mon May 5 15:15:18 MDT 2008

Hi Jim:

When I installed the vertical hitch pins in the bass of my Steinway M, I had
lightly chamfered the holes prior to spraying the plate. Took all of 5
minutes. I made no effort to cover the holes.  When I drove the new hitch
pins in, I had no problems with chipping.  The stainless steel pins didn't
seem to care if there was any overspray in the holes.  At least they didn't
say anything....

Will Truitt