Damper Rod Rubs Spoons

Philip Jamison mortier9 at hotmail.com
Tue May 6 09:38:40 MDT 2008

I tuned at a Kimball console today with an annoying damper pedal squeek. I discovered the damper lifter rod is rubbing the tops of the damper spoons. It's hinges are not loose or adjustable. I see the
option of grinding down the bottom of the rod so it avoids the spoons. Better still would be to raise the rail a bit by driving in the damper rod pins a bit. Can this be done?

Philip Jamison
West Chester, PA