Key Repair

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat May 10 03:29:56 MDT 2008

Onlay a new top. I use an end milling router bit on my drill press.
The key is secured in a drill press vise and passed under the bit,
it takes a few passes to plane down a quarter inch or so. I also
plane back only as far as the new plastic keytop extends for a
nice clean look. Glue on a piece of wood and trim, this is also a
good time to tend to the tail width.

Be aware of the height of the f/r pin and the bottom of the new onlay.
--

Regards,

Jon Page