Ratio question

Dan Reed pianoarts at tx.rr.com
Sun May 11 11:12:07 MDT 2008

Good food for thought...

The formula would include the distance from the balance rail pin, to
the front rail pin.

1) Sharps and Naturals in the same piano will have different ratios...
2) The ratios will be different depending on the key length; the
distance from the balance rail to the front rail pin. For example,
adding a .010 balance rail punching to a short key stick in a Spinet,
and a 9' grand key stick, would result in different key dip increases.

Dan