Ratio question

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun May 11 16:23:30 MDT 2008

Hi Rook

Me thinks you are being a bit too under specific :)  I suppose you mean
by <<increase the key height>> you are talking about actually raising
the balance rail support punchings by a given amount ?... Or did you
mean raising the front of the key ?

In anycase it all depends on the lengths of each arm from the fulcrum
yes ?   And the starting angle of the key at rest..... yes ?

So there is a ratio out there.... of course... but you have to know your
starting conditions.

Cheers
RicB

    Is there a ratio that can be looked upon as a standard with
    the following scenario:

    If you increase the key height by ... , you will increase
    dip by ... .

    Something tells me it's not a 1:1 ratio.

    Curious Rook,

    -Phil Bondi(Fl)