replacing a back action on a 1909 Steinway B

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon May 12 07:38:23 MDT 2008

Additionally, there's also the rigid sostenuto tabs (as opposed to hinged
and spring loaded) on the old ones that can be noisy with a certain kind of
pedal release.  Plus serviceability.  If something goes wrong with an
underlever on the old style where the levers are glued to the rail, you need
to remove the entire back action to repair it.  On the new ones, you can
simply unscrew an individual underlever and take it out.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com