floating the soundboard / David P.

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon May 12 12:27:02 MDT 2008

Grin... Interesting you should pick exactly THAT analogy David.  Being a
preachers kid (presbyterian) and growing up with an enormous amount of
hypocrisy (I could tell you stories about various congregations that
would make Harper Valleys PTA look like childs play) I was influenced
very early on to clearly separate between the basic ethics of the Golden
Rule and the organized church.  Being a typical human I have held quite
stubbornly to that stance for some 45-50 years now.

Seriously guys... if folks didnt do this stuff... then why would it be
so difficult to convince the piano world of the virtues of all these
design features so often touted on this list.  Heck... they ARE good
very workable ideas.  Its just that there are a LOT of OTHER good
workable ideas out there as well... and well... as I said in the post
that kicked this little match off in the first place...

    "I think thats probably why a lot of folks around the world stick to
    what they do... because they already know how to do it and they get
    a very nice result."

Cheers
RicB

        RicB said:

        --- big snip ---

        But the overwhelming majority of people out there stick pretty
        stubbornly to what they have learned
        from there mentors... whomever they be.  Or hadnt you noticed
        ?? :):)

    Cheers
    RicB

    And that is why you are still a Lutheran Fundamentalist I assume.

    dp

    David M. Porritt, RPT
    dporritt at smu.edu