replacing sharps

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Mon May 12 17:58:43 MDT 2008

Thanks for your replies, Jon & Terry. I highly value your opinions.

Wouldn't it be just as good to run them through the table saw? The only
think different I see the end mill doing is it might leave the surface a
little rougher.

I initially used PVC-E with poor results. The glue surface did have black
paint on it and I'm sure we didn't use as much glue as you are recommending,
nor did we clamp. The customer is really unhappy (understatement) and I am
wanting to make sure we get it right this time. I thought epoxy would give
that to us, but Terry is telling me the epoxy won't adhere well to the
plastic.

So, based on your responses I'm thinking fresh/rough wood (no paint), more
PVC-E glue inside the cavities and clamping will make the difference.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802