replacing sharps

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon May 12 07:45:12 MDT 2008

>I recently installed a set of plastic sharps using PVC-E and some are coming
>off now. My inclination is to saw off all that are remaining and epoxy on a
>new set. What would others do?

Plane the surface and glue with PVC-E.  Don't rely on gluing the surfaces
together but place some glue in the cavities of the sharp and clamp/tape
and let the glue form the bond from within. Don't pool the glue in there,
just enough to drip down and form a meniscus at the joint.

Planing can be done on a drill press with a router bit and holding
the key in a drill press vise. jpg attched.  An end mill bit works best.

Regards,

Jon Page