Ratio question

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue May 13 08:06:36 MDT 2008

? Fenton,Rook
? Plays like a truck, drives like a truck, looks like a truck? must be a KImall.? Nahhhh just an un serviced piano.....I thought I'd take a moment to express one of my rants
?
?Some one wrote
?the kimball had:
?
 Shallow dip?
 no let-off?
 plays like a Mack Truck because of it.?

???? This is the most common condition I find pianos in.? Either every other tuner before me has continued to allow there shiny new capstan wrench lay unused in the tool case or it's been a REALLY long time since it was serviced. Usually it's the former.
?This is the detriment of hit & run tuning. Eventually the piano has no after touch
>>?
>> There's room to raise the key height..yes I checked the sharps..and >> possibly make this a more enjoyable instrument.?
?all Kimballs need this.
>>?
>> It's in a church that 'supposedly' doesn't have a budget to do it right. >> I use the word 'supposedly' because it seems most, if not all of the >> churches I run into down here all claim poverty..I just don't see it >> myself.?
?
?Rook, ?you Made the sales pitch, & If its' a piano driven service then they need the piano to function at minimum levels & that includes proper blow, let-off & dip...the big 3.??? aaannnd the??tuner/tech/you/me ?needs to sell these basics or risk having the unhappiness from the non serviced piano to come back at him.? For me a no answer is a deal breaker.?After appropriate education it's either do it or I'm out of here time.?
?? This is the real world.??It's up to us to take our clients to it.
? end -O - rant

>>? My estimate for the job is to 'do it right' - full reg. with hammer >> re-shaping.?
>>?
>> I thought I'd ask anyway,?
>>?
>> -Curious Rook?