Music rack Cover for high Polished finishes

Michael Spreeman m_spreeman at hotmail.com
Wed May 14 08:37:46 MDT 2008

Barbara,

As an alternative to a sewn fabric cover, there is a clear adhesive film product used to protect automotive finishes from stone chips which might be worth a try: http://www.invisiblemask.com/site.html.

                Michael Spreeman http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com

From: piano57 at comcast.netTo: pianotech at ptg.orgSubject: Music rack Cover for high Polished finishesDate: Tue, 13 May 2008 22:36:27 -0500

Greetings finish experts,

I have a customer with a little Yamaha high polish grand, who is concerned about the music rack/desk getting scratched and had a cotton tea towel draped over it this morning when I arrived to tune.  She asked me if there was a cover made to protect the rack, or, could I possibly make her one?  What material would you recommend for such a thing?  (I was thinking microfiber, perhaps.)  Would the finish still get scratched when music was placed on the rack--even with the cloth protection?

Thanks,

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois