Fumigation danger to piano?

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Wed May 14 11:00:28 MDT 2008

Ditto here, termites in the floor can get into legs and cause some
significant damage. Fumigation is the only option. In one I noticed a
key was sloppy at the front, the shock was that the front rail had been
tunneled out enough that the pin was free. One more reason to tune your
piano regularly! isn't it a joy to live in a warm climate?

--Dave
  New Orleans