Fumigation danger to piano?

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 14 16:46:29 MDT 2008

A while back I got a call from a local hospital to fix a piano with a broken
leg. Arrived to find the piano resting on the entire front edge of the
keybed and just the rear leg. The two front legs had collapsed from the
keybed being termite-eaten and the lyre collapsed from the weight.

Had to replace the ends of the keybed and have it fumigated.

Terry Farrell