First Appointment

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed May 21 10:45:04 MDT 2008

Hi Matthew,

I never had a questionnaire form, but now that you mention it, it's a
really good idea.  On first visits, however, I did advise that I would do
more than just sit down and tune it.  I would do a "safety check" if you
will checking plate screw tightness, pressure bar screw tightening, bridge
inspections, soundboard and ribs and general action condition noting to
the customer that the first visit would cost slightly more than a regular
tuning fee and the customer nearly always was greatful.

IMHO, do it.

Paul

Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks at att.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
05/21/2008 10:15 AM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
First Appointment

Hello list,

I went to the dentist on Monday, and being a new customer, I had to fill
out a questionnaire form.

I got to thinking how I can implement something of that nature with my
first time customers.  Do any of you use a method or something similiar?
Can you share or attach what you have found works well?

Thanks!

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578