Surplus pianos

Jim jim at jimkinnear.com
Wed May 21 20:09:36 MDT 2008

Hi

Glad to be back on the list . . . we have an interesting dilemma in the
local area . .

There seems to be a shift away from piano ownership in this area, as the
boomers age and downsize. I'm sure many instruments are going to younger
generations, but there is an increase in persons wanting to get rid of
perfectly good pianos, that isn't matched by the demand for used pianos.

Is this a trend in other areas as well?

I am faced with this on a daily basis, and with very little in the way of
ideas to suggest.

In addition to comments about options, have any of you seen unique or
creative non-musical uses for pianos that you might like to share . . .

cheers

Jim Kinnear
www.pianoguy.com
Collingwood, Canada