Piano dolly for Technic Electric Piano

Rex Roseman rosemanpiano at gmail.com
Sat May 24 13:42:43 MDT 2008

Patrick

I am not familiar with the exact structure of the legs of this instrument,
but from your description, it sounds a lot like a Kurtweil "piano" keyboard
that I have to work with. A local music store had its stock displayed on a
set of platforms on wheels, and they had one built for this unit. It is
simply a sheet of plywood with a wooden frame around the outside and covered
in the material that they use for the outside of speaker cabinets (that
slightly fuzzy material) with the corner braces like you find on Anvil
cases. A simple set of pivoting casters are mounted to the bottom close to
the corners.

The only improvement that I would like to make is to lay the keyboard on its
back, place the platform on its side against it, drill a set of holes
through the bottom of the platform into the pressboard legs and bolt the
unit to the platform. The platform or casters that you use are going to
raise the instrument too high for a standard bench, but we substituted a
stool that is at the correct height. An advantage of the platform is that if
there is a cross piece with pedals mounted on them like the Kurtweil, your
feet are at the right height to still use them correctly. (You put your feet
on the platform to play.) If your unit has a stand alone sustain pedal as
most keyboards do, you will be able to mount it to the platform so that it
will not be dragged around, pull on the cord, every time someone moves the
instrument.

Rex Roseman
Roseman Piano Tuning