Apology/Will Truitt misses the point

Will Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sun May 25 07:40:27 MDT 2008

Tom:

I don't think I missed the point.  Indeed, in my first response to
Marshall's posting, I said the following,  " P. S.  My apologies to the
list.  Politics shouldn't be here.  But I have difficulty with the implicit
racism in the attached message.  Veiled bigotry has no place here."

Thus, I agree that this really is not a place where these kinds of things
should normally be discussed. It is not the appropriate forum.

When any of us engage in name calling, we drag ourselves down to the level
of the original offender.  How does it serve any of us to continue to engage
in a pissing contest?  When all of us are shouting, no one is really
listening.  We don't serve our own ideas or anyone else.

The intent of my second posting was to turn down my own volume meter and
hopefully engage in some constructive dialog before we all exit from a topic
that has excited many passions.  Perhaps this is idealistic or wrong headed
in your view - fair enough.  But I make choices in how I comport myself as a
planetary citizen, and so I choose here to try to move toward something more
positive.  Whether others choose to come along on that ride is up to them.

Respectfully,

Will Truitt