Scheduling Appointments in Advance

Jean and David Weiss djweiss at ntelos.net
Thu May 29 06:08:41 MDT 2008

About 40% of my appointments are prescheduled at the previous appointment. I
prefer it that way, it reduces my time on the phone.  The prescheduled
clients get a reminder post cart one month in advance and phone call
reminder the day before.  I offer no discounts.  My 14 year old daughter
does the post cards for me, so I don't' even have to spend time on that.
(If you have kids put them to work.)  The computer prints out the labels,
she sticks them on and fills in the date, time and day.

There was a Journal article by Keith Bowman a few years ago that for me laid
to rest the whole concept of discounts.  Basically no one gets a discount,
but I am willing to do something for something.  For example, a teacher who
actively sends clients my way will get a reduced tuning price in exchange.
Check out Keith's article.

David Weiss