8year Nordiska

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Thu May 29 09:26:46 MDT 2008

Hi, Jessica:
    I apologize, I thought this one was a grand.  Obviously, the tuning  pin holes don't go through (or at least you can't see them).  I live in San Diego, where the weather is mild.  In climates where the temperatures are extreme, heating can dry out the wood, so I'm not too surprised it's got loose pins.  I'd give the CA glue a try, as others have had good results.  If it were me, I'd tilt it on it's back to do this.
    My experience with an extension hammer (I use one) is I never extend it!  It's too hard to get control because it flexes too much, and small movements of the pin are large movements of the lever.
    Good luck with this.  Let us know how it turns out.
    Paul

Paul McCloud
Service Technician for PianoSD.com
www.pianoservsd.com