Piano Certificate

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri May 30 04:19:41 MDT 2008

stephan van meirhaeghe wrote:
> A custumer asked me to make a certificate for his Pleyel grand.
> He want to sell it and with this paper think he has much more chance to
> do it.
> Does anyone has done this already. Can you legally do this?
> Any comments or examples woukd be helpfull.
>
> Stephan Van Meirhaeghe
> --
>
> E-mail: svmpiano at gmail.com <mailto:svmpiano at gmail.com>
> www.svmpianostemmer.be <http://www.svmpianostemmer.be>

Sounds like someone wants to create a "provenance". Unless you've
witnessed the piano's life since it left the factory, I'd be inclined to
call it "faking it". There are no scruples anywhere near that request.

All you could do is ascertain the age via the serial number.

My 2¢.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be
used against you.