Balance Due!!

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Sat May 31 13:42:58 MDT 2008

I had a client today who had to leave for an appointment so her brother was there to make sure I got paid.  Besides tuning I had to fix two notes.  She left for my tuning fee with her brother and that was it, so when I gave her brother the bill, he was short on the cash.  She didn't plan on my extra work or the tax.  So I took the bill and wrote what was paid, and the balance due.

  Is that the right way to do it, or next time should I have the party present sign it?  Should there also be a due date?  Then there's the situation where there is no one home and a check is left on the table.  I did have one client leave me a blank check!!  I was like "hmmm, let's see, I need new tires on my car, maybe a new tuning hammer...."

  Matthew