Rebuilding Henry

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat May 31 15:05:19 MDT 2008

-----? Wahoo? ter em up.
? What ever turns your crank
? All I meant is sometimes, at the end?of the day,?I have "orignal parameters" and sales perceptions to consider.? I do like getting paid afterall.
?Hey as long as they sound good. Nice D lay out . 22 ribs & a tranny bridge. Cool. The K-nabe looks good too.
?
? Dale

> It's not often I get to start over & actually design a piano but this > was a good candidate & it's been fun. It was also necessary.?
> I Love the Non Steinway projects especially the big ones. I am > rebuilding a 6 ft 8 inch Henry F. Miller from the early 1900's. It's > great because it's....big ...Has a horribly designed board & string > scale but it is built like a tank.?
?
What do you mean non-Steinway projects, like not doing them the Stein way? I'm in the middle of about a 6' Knabe player grand, currently strung and temporarily on it's side out of the way while I get out two S&S Ds this summer, both with full belly design modifications and tuned duplex elimination. I'll also be eliminating wrapped trichords and the bell (gasp)! That's the neat thing about this stuff. The principles apply everywhere. If the carcase gives you anything at all to work with in basic structure and plate layout, it works on pretty much any less than ideally designed piano regardless of the name on the fallboard.?
?
Off to grind on the plate and relocate hitch pins. Wahoo!?
?
Ron N?

[Image Removed]

[Image Removed]