[pianotech] Damaged Hammers

Robin Stevens pianobee at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 5 12:47:09 PST 2008

Chris, not all visits by mice end up with then taking up residency. Maybe
they were casing the joint and did not like the music being played. Judging
from the pictures they were there many years ago and any droppings may have
been cleaned up by a past tooner. Another sign is that they piddle on the
bottom of the first of the bass strings as they make their way up to the
keyboard. Also they start nipping off the bridle tapes for the nest.

Regards

Robin