[pianotech] Beat Speed of 5th Decrease in Treble?

Jeff Deutschle oaronshoulder at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 04:11:13 PST 2008

John:

Yes I know the M6-M10 test. Thank you. I don't find it very useful because,
as you say, the 3:2 5th beats so slow. I do make use of the m3-M3 6:4 5th
test when setting the temperament though. I don't see a problem with
listening to 6:4 5ths, as long as they are listened to consistently.
Interesting that you dislike "those nasty narrow P5s and P19s in the
treble." I dislike the busy 4ths when the 5ths are not narrow enough! To
each his own.

I wish I knew Latin like Don. Then instead of saying "Non calor sed umor est
qui nobis incommodat", I would know how to say "It's not the beats, it's the
humility." :-)