[pianotech] yamaha C3 pin block removal

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Nov 14 04:53:12 PST 2008

> *Subject:* Re: [pianotech] yamaha C3 pin block removal
>
>> Yes, must be sawn out of there one way or another.  The pinblock has a
>> tongue that's set into a groove in the stretcher.  I've done a few with
>> a hand saw.  I suppose you could use a sawzall, or the Bolduc router
>> blade.
>

> Jon Page

This is interesting...  fairly soon I'll be doing a pin block in our C7
-1977 vintage.  In it, in our 1978 C3 and also our 1988 G2, there is no
connection between pin block and stretcher other than a metal plate
(like a hinge plate).

I think I'll be glad for that change in construction... ;-}

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

If I had multiple personality disorder, my resume would make more sense.