[pianotech] Service Call

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Sun Nov 16 20:57:04 PST 2008

Matthew,
Here's my approach. If I were charging 120 for a service call that takes me 1hr. I figure I'm getting 80 per hour with a 1/2 hr. service charge. The appointment cost me 1/2 hr to book, drive, paper work, ect. So, if I'm there 6 minutes removing a pencil the fee would be 40 plus .1 hr or $48. dig? Now, I want to make friends so I usually do this stuff for free, but sometimes not, just depends. Sometimes it's just a pedal adjust or sticky key and you need a pay schedule, so that's what I use. If you charge 125 for a 2 hr call then your at 50 per hour plus your 25 dollar service call. Works for me. If your trying to come up with an hourly fee, check your auto mechanic and plumber, don't go below those guys.
Fenton